Elveden CofE Primary Academy is a small Church of England school located within the Elveden Estate. We pride ourselves on our family atmosphere and the personal approach we bring to meeting each child's needs.
We think Elveden offers a wondrous atmosphere that helps and encourages children to learn, and we invite all parents to join us in building a bond with the school to help our children to succeed.
Mrs Lorna Rourke & Mrs April Grimes (Head teachers)
Our Christian Ethos Statement
Elveden enjoys a close relationship with the Christian Church. This means that our underlying ethos is based on a Christian perspective that is warm, open, generous and inclusive. This means that we care for and value all people, and respect their integrity, regardless of background, race, gender or beliefs, in order to ensure that children learn in an atmosphere of mutual love, trust and respect. We believe that education is a partnership between staff, children, parents and Governors – as together we encourage each individual’s sense of belonging and being loved by God. We facilitate their development – intellectually, spiritually, personally and physically into mature and responsible adults, able to embrace all humankind.
Our aim is to give children a high quality, engaging and balanced curriculum that promotes their educational, spiritual, moral, cultural, social and physical development. To this end we:
- Ensure the very best outcomes for all children.
- Instil respect for Christian religious and moral values.
- Help pupils to understand the world in which they live and the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations, and to celebrate diversity and achievement.
- Help pupils acquire the knowledge and skills in preparation for future learning and choices in an ever changing world.
- Actively prove to promote children’s self esteem through a stimulating, challenging environment and curriculum.
- Actively prove to promote children’s self esteem, mental health and wellbeing, through a stimulating, challenging environment and curriculum.
- Truth, dignity and respect.
- Equality of opportunity and access to the curriculum for all.
- Comprehensive education which caters for all abilities.
- Community spirit.
- Diversity – respecting the varied needs and qualities of individuals, celebrating their differences and responding accordingly.
- Democracy – Giving all members of our school a voice, understanding our traditions and respecting the balances and tensions in society.