Our School

Elveden is a Church of England school. It is our aim to help your children access the highest standard of education within a framework and atmosphere that reflects Christian principles.

Our core values are those of trust and respect ensuring that all children receive access to a quality education.

Our school was built in 1894 as part of the Elveden Estate.  It was founded by the Church of England and is part of the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich.  Children start at Elveden CE Academy in the year in which they turn 5 (Reception) and leave at the age of 11 (Year 6).

The school has a hall used for Collective worship and indoor P.E. Outside, we have the use of a hard playground as well as a grassed area with climbing frames and a story corner. When dry, the children have the use of the village green for sports and playtimes. We also make use of the Elveden Estate land for Outdoor learning sessions and for educational visits.

Our Academy is a partner school with Forest Academy in Brandon, and we share the two headteachers and a number of staff. Our school day begins at 8.50am and ends at 3.15pm. Break time is between 10.30am and 10.45am, and lunchtime is between 12.00pm and 1.00pm.